Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1

Well, Day 1 went well. But don't all Day 1's usually go well? It's the days that come later that get harder and harder. I ate very healthy meals today and I only had 1 snack, which was a non-fat yogurt. I exercised on my elliptical for 30 minutes and did stomach exercises for about 5 minutes. Not bad for my first time exercising in about a year.

So, I have to admit that I got out a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll for my boys today and since they come two in a package I took one bite, then another bite....then quickly threw it in the trash. So, two bites won't kill me, right? At least I resisted after two bites. Those things are a zillion calories & fat grams each.

Oh, and I need to clarify a couple of things based on comments from a few people. First, I don't think I'm fat. I feel I'm very lucky to be at the size I'm at given my age and having had twins. But I do weigh 20 pounds more than I did 4 years ago and I continuously keep gaining weight. If I don't do something about it now, then where will I be later? I have to be in control, and I'm not. Secondly, I do NOT take care of my body. I eat horrible things and I stopped exercising. This competition for me is about changing my habits and being healthier like I used to be. It's also about proving to myself that I do care enough about my body and I can finally make a change without failing at yet another attempt.

Here's my first weigh in. The official beginning weight for the competition. 146 pounds. (I weighed 125 pounds just 4 years ago when Dave & I got married and 138 pounds after having twins two years ago.) For my goal weight, I'll be happy going down to 135 if I'm in shape and healthy, but wouldn't mind getting down to 130 if it ends up being doable.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Welcome to the BL!!! Soo happy to see you! I love your photos of yourself! Good luck, you can do it Kristi!!!!

Carrie said...

Right there with ya, I don't think this is just about the weight loss, I think it is really a time to help each other realize that we have value and that we can become healthier together and to help build each other up! I am with Tammy, you can so do this!

Anonymous said...

See, I know exactly what you are saying Kristi! People can say over and over that you aren't fat and don't need to lose weight, but it's about being healthy and doing good for your body! Weight loss comes with those things, so that is a bonus! Good job on a good first day!

Hollys Hobbies said...

I am so excited that you joined us! This is the greatest group of ladies ever, they are so supportive of everything that each of us wants to achieve. I have grown to love them, and admire them. Good to have you!!