Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Apologies to McD's

So, I've never had anything nice to say about the salads at McDonalds. I always remember thinking that they were too small, not filling enough, and were mainly a bowl of lettuce with a couple of pieces of chicken and a couple of pieces of something else, depending on which one you chose. Well, I apologize! I have twin boys that are alittle over 2 years old and it's winter, so I find myself at McD's now and then so the kids can play. I've actually brought in my own salad from Chili's twice since we started this contest, but today decided to give McD's salads a shot. I had the southwest salad and it was actually really, really good. It was filling, had a full grilled chicken breast on top, lots of other stuff in it and the dressing was great (I think the dressing said only 100 calories and 1 fat gram). I was pleased!!

3 comments:

Hollys Hobbies said...

I am with you-I haven't been pleased with much of anything on their menu. But, they are a place the kids love to go to play and we go often enough for that reason. I will have to try that salad next time, awesome nutriional facts!

Hollys Hobbies said...

LOL Kristi, we would have looked the same doing the Paula Abdul workout then!! I looked like a fool as well, but it seriously is WORK! I bet somebody has it somewhere, if not I'll tell you what, my mom just bought a tape to dvd machine, I will MAKE you a dvd!

It really is bizzare, I feel like you and I are so much alike. We really do have to get together when you come this way.

Anonymous said...

LOL! you know, I thought that once too, but the salads are actually really good at McDonalds! Nice alternative!