Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dang, Hate Days Like This

I almost feel like a failure today. But I'm trying not to beat myself up too much over it.

Bad:
1. I didn't exercise. I had photography work I needed to do today and couldn't put it off any longer. I had been exercising during my boys nap, but instead had to concentrate on pictures. And I didn't make time for it any other time of the day.
2. I ate more calories today than the past 3 days.
3. The scale showed 1 lb heavier than my starting weight, which is higher than I've EVER seen it! What???????????? Talk about making me feel like doody.

Good:
1. Even though I ate more calories today, it was all healthy & low fat.
2. I brought my kids to McD's for dinner & to play and I ate a salad with low fat dressing. And I didn't eat a single one of their french fries that sat in front of my face calling out to me to eat them.
3. I ate at Panera for lunch and ordered the apple with my meal instead of the bread. This is HUGE! I NEVER would have done that before.

Ok, tomorrow is another day. I'm ready for some comment love from you tonight. Something like, "Kristi, you aren't a failure, blah, blah". LOL

6 comments:

Carrie said...

DON'T weigh yourself all the time!!!!! I learned that last year during this contest. It does no good! You are not a failure! A lot of things can be going on to show weight gain. You could have built up a little muscle or you could have just retained a little water. Weight goes up and down sometimes 5 pounds from morning to bedtime! You are doing great, don't beat yourself up unless you are 3 months into this and then the weight is higher, then we all come beat you up!!! put the scale away or it will drive you crazy!

Anonymous said...

I agree! DO NOT WEIGH ALL THE TIME! your body retains water and you can fluctuate up to 3 or 4 lbs or more! I would highly suggest just weighing in once a week and at the same time each time! You CAN NOT keep on that scale often, or you will drive yourself nuts!

Also, like you said...tomorrow is a new day! Missing a day of exercise isn't bad, so don't beat yourself up. And having healthy foods isn't bad either!

Hang in there!

Minderella said...

Try not to beat yourself up. Focus on the good. Way to go not eating a fry!! That is hard to do, I gave in the other day and had one. :) Go out and do your best today!

Vicki said...

I agree about the scale thing... I had to put mine on top of a dresser... every time I passed it I was stepping on it... not good.
Keep eating healthy... Do what you can in the day and then start fresh the next.

Brekke - Felt Photography said...

I am proud of you for keeping away from the fries. I just learned not to take my kids to those places because I have no will power. lol

Don't beat yourself up. This is ONLY the first week and we have a long road ahead. You have pleanty of time just focus and go. :)

Nicholette said...

It never does any good to beat yourself up when you don't meet your own expectations. (I ate WAY more then I should have last night (and not the good kind of calories)). Just move ahead and do it day by day.