Saturday, January 10, 2009

Are We Having Fun??

Almost done with day 6. So far, I'm pretty pleased. I worked out 4 out of the 6 days. I ate healthy every single day. I never ate poorly a single time! I never gave in! I AM IN CONTROL.

Well, I do have to admit that I splurged a little last night. But, hubby & I went to a dinner banquet for his work and I agreed prior to going there that I would go ahead and splurge a little. I thought I deserved it. And I think it's healthy to do that every once in awhile so that I'm not depriving myself. And by making the decision in advance I was able to enjoy the food, while also being proud of myself for actually not eating all of it. I ate only about 80% of my meal, only 1/2 of my bread roll and only 1/2 of my tiny dessert. Normally I would have eaten all of it! I AM IN CONTROL. Yeah!! This feels really good.

I came across this picture from less than 4 years ago. The funny thing is that in this picture I'm wearing the same workout shorts I am wearing in my "before" pictures you see below. What a difference. I don't even care about looking like this again (probably not possible after having two kids), but just a bit of it would be nice. Please ignore the horrible look on my face, and the fact that this was taken with a very old camera, pre-photographer days. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you felt in control! I totally agree with you on not depriving ourselves. It's all about moderation and you did great!

You WILL get to your goal and look like that picture again!

Hollys Hobbies said...

Check you out miss hot thang!!! The great thing that all of us see, is that you haven't really lost your shape. You are going to be back to that in no time at all! You should be really proud of yourself, you ate great all week and you are in control of yourself-it really does feel good, huh?! Keep it up!

rochelle said...

You ARE strong. I agree that it is important to allow ourselves a treat now and then, and when we do, REALLY savor it. It helps us not go crazy, that's for sure! Moderation is best. That before picture IS great! Keep working. You'll get there before you know it!