Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!

There was a quote on the wall of the gym that my husband & I read a few years ago and it said "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten". Well, if I do what I've done in the past 2+ years then I'll certainly get what I've gotten in the past 2+ years. And that would be continuous failed weight loss attempts!

So, I have to do something different so that I can set myself up for success this time. First of all, I've spent about 4 hours making this "lovely" blog, which shows commitment! Secondly, I joined a Biggest Loser group which will help tremendously! Their names are on the side of this blog and you can click on any of them to see their weight loss blogs as well. It's a great way to support each other! Plus, it required a financial commitment. We paid $50 to join and the money will be used for monthly cash prizes! Thirdly, I've got a new (ok, 2 months old) elliptical machine in my basement, plus a a fitness club membership (with free childcare). And lastly, since I'm telling the world about this online through my blog, I'll be extremely embarrassed if I fail, so that will help with my commitment also!

And to my friends in the BL (biggest loser) competition: I've met one of you in person, I've talked to two of you by email, and I've followed a few other's photography blogs in the past and "feel" like I know you. And to the rest, I'm excited to be embarking on this journey together!

I had twin boys 2.25 years ago and after giving birth I've actually gained weight! Yuck! My goal is to lose 15 pounds. 10 pounds is a must! 15 would be even better. Along with weight loss I'm looking forward to changing bad habits I've developed. I want to eat healthy, snack less and exercise consistently. Also, I want to start doing little things that make me feel less sloppy, such as wearing nail polish again, wearing jewelry again, wearing nicer clothes (that fit and aren't "baggy & comfortable"), etc. I need to start taking care of myself both inside and outside!

Let the journey begin!!! Game on!!!

(PS...Weekly weigh ins and monthly measurements will be updated on the side of the blog.)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is awesome, you have great story!! Lets all keep each other going and we can all achieve! We had an amazing time last year with this, so here is to another great group of ladies!