Monday, January 12, 2009

Week One is Over

It was the conclusion of Week one and I was excited to weigh in this Monday morning for my weekly check. I lost 1/2 pound. If I was on the Biggest Loser TV show I'd be voted off. And I certainly won't be a contender for winning any money in this competition. But after being a bit disappointed (given that, except for the one meal at that dinner banquet, I ate perfectly healthy the entire week and exercised 5 out of 7 days) I decided that I shouldn't be disappointed because if I slowly lost just 1/2 pound per week then I would meet my goal by the end of this competition. So, a smile back on face as I embark on Week 2.

How did all of you do???

6 comments:

Karilynn said...

1/2 a lb is still a triumph and really for a smaller gal like you it's still a decent percentage of your weight so CONGRATS!! I have yet to step on the scale... must go to my mom's. Hope I survive! UGH!!! I HATE THE SCALE!

Anonymous said...

I like your change of thinking! A 1/2 lb a week will get you to your final goal and that's awesome! Good for you for eating healthy and exercising! That's what it's all about right?!

Vicki said...

If you are on track to make your goal at the end that is perfect! Plus if you upped your workouts this week as compared to before... you likely built a little muscle mass... and that muscle is going to be burning more calories in the future. I think you will easily hit your target if you keep up what you are doing.

Carrie said...

I always start off slow because my body needs to adjust to the changes I am making! I think it is great that you lost, I am not even checking because I don't want to be down when I know I am on the right track!Next week will show more, you know you are doing good so don't worry plus you have to consider what time of the month it is too, we hold weight before our periods start!

Tammy said...

remember you are gaining muscle too! Great job on the exercise and healthy eating!! You are changing lifestyle habits! So 1/2 pound is awesome!! You go girl!!

Nicholette said...

I am in the same boat! Although I didn't do as great as you did with eating. (it's really hard to changed!! haha) I had gone down about 2lbs, then yesterday I weighed myself and it said I'd only gone down 1/2 lb. Eh. But I did the same thing you did. "If I only loose 1/2lb a week, I'll loose xx amount." But for me it's still not where I want, but it sure would not be where I am now!! Way to go!