Monday, February 16, 2009

Finally Tipped the Scale

Boy, after nearly 3 weeks I finally saw a new number on the scale. I'm down 1 pound! I'll take it. It's not a lot, but it sure was nice to see some progress after all this time.

I've done all of my exercising on my elliptical downstairs since we started this competition. I have a gym membership and also a country club membership (which is literally in walking distance). Yesterday I went to the country club for the first time and loved it! Man, I sure get a better work out in a place like that compared to at home (remember by 2 hour workout at the club down in FL on vacation also). I also fell back in love with the treadmill too. They are so fancy now and much smoother and more fun than the 9 year old one I have in my storage room. So, I'm going to find opportunities to get to the gym or clubhouse more often from now on!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Congrats on the one lb... and glad to hear you have found a place to work out that you love.

ps... your comment about my confession had me laughing. Thanks :)

Hollys Hobbies said...

Hey, the wagon THREW me off, then ran me over.. I dont know why this month has sucked so badly, it, well, sucks! That is so great that you have the country club within walking distance. I think that alternating between things makes it more interesting and keeps the motivation up. Sadly, my gym is like 1 mile away, and I haven't been in weeks, how lazy am I? I am so excited for us all to get together at the end of the month!!

Karilynn said...

Way to go Kristi! It's so great to see a smaller number on the scale, especially when you've worked hard for it and KNOW you deserve it! :o)

Carrie said...

WOOHOO, That is super great, keep it up and 1 turns to 2 and 2 to 3 and so on!

Minderella said...

That is great! Way to stick with it!!