Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back on the Wagon

So, I fell off the wagon the past week. After the super bowl trip where I did "ok", I came home to my horrible toothache and sick kids. Took a full week and I stumped two dentists before an endodontist figured out I needed a root canal. Got that taken care of 2 days ago. My kids were sick with cold, pneumonia & pink eye. Well, ladies, you know what that means....sleepless nights. Add to that a double ear infection that we just found out about yesterday. With ear infections come major sleepness nights.

So, because of all of that, I didn't watch what I was eating closely, nor did I have the energy or feel good enough to exercise.

But, I am back on the wagon, so to speak as of two days ago. I suspect February won't be a great month for me when it comes to weight loss because I feel so behind now. But that's ok. I'm glad I didn't fall of the wagon completely, because in the past that's what I would have done.

As far as my Utah trip, maybe we should try to plan on a lunch meeting on that Monday, March 2. That way we aren't disrupting everyone's family time over the weekend. And since it's a Monday, then anyone with kiddos can bring them and we'll go to a kid friendly place, like a park or McD's play thing or whatever. I'm coming out there to visit family. My husbands family is all out there, including his kids who are in college, so we'll be spending the weekend with them.

PS....speaking of lunch in SLC, you have no idea how lucky you are to have Cafe Rio restaurant out there. My splurge on that trip will be to get a pork burrito smothered in all fixings!!! I have to get it every time I visit.

4 comments:

Karilynn said...

It's no wonder you fell off... it sounds like you were HIT with it! Way to endure and pick up where you left off. You know there are lots of people in the world who take a distraction and run away with it. Sorry about the root canal and the sick kids. Hopefully everything will be up hill from here. :o)

Whitney said...

OMGosh you poor thing!!! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon. And you never know... you could still have a good month. The week I was in the hospital with Mars I thought I did awful and I ended up losing 2 lbs. lol

Melissa Davis said...

OH man, Kristi, I'm sorry! But I agree with Karilynn...It's great that you can say "I did bad, but I'm right back on"! Good for you!!

I'm good for March 2nd!

Minderella said...

Man that does not sound like fun at all. I hate toothaches. I had a really really painful day this past year where the dentist used some stuff during a simple procedure that I was "allergic" to. I guess in about 1 in a million patients this stuff causes extreme sensitivity. Needless to say it was not a fun day. I commend you for writing and for getting back on!!