Friday, February 20, 2009

Me, sick too?

So after reading Lorie & Whitney's post from this evening about being sick, I decided to write one on the same topic too. The strange thing is that I am not sick at all. But I've had a sore throat for 2.5 weeks straight now. It's gotten bad. I cringe each time I have to swallow. I finally gave in and went to the doctor today. Doc said "you win the prize for the day" because she was stumped and couldn't figure out what was wrong. It wasn't strep. And it wasn't thrush. I have spots and inflammation in my throat. Looks bad and hurts like crazy. So they want me to go to an ear, nose, throat specialist next week.

Fun, fun, fun.

PS....I was down another 1/2 pound. 140.0 now! I'm knocking on the door of the 130's. I can't believe it.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

You are more than knocking girl... That door is breaking down... I bet by Monday you'll be in the 130's... Congrats!
Sorry about the sore throat... that is no fun.

Carrie said...

That stinks! I have been so frustrated that they can't cure me too! They did a strep test on my husband and said "yep! you've got it, here is a shot!" He felt better the next day, I had them do another strep test on me and "nope still negative, sorry you are just going to have to live with it!" It stinks because I have had this sick, flu, sore throat crap for 3 weeks and they can't do a thing! Hopefully they can figure yours out and get it fixed quickly!